Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Value Rises: That's Because They Can't Be Found!


They are now out of print and I could kick myself because I am so sure I had this tome of the best ever theological writings about the atonement by Bruce. R. McConkie. I think I gave mine to DI during one of our many moves. Tragedy! I just saw a set sold on Amazon for $2,400! Of course now, they were the hard cover first edition volumes but again the last complete set of the paperback series sold for over $900. What?????

So I am slowly searching for each book to complete my own collection of the series. I hope I get all of the books soon so I can study study study!

Joyfully, I found his 3 volume set of Doctrinal Commentaries on the New Testament and I am so thrilled since I teach seminary and this year I am teaching from the New Testament. Joy!

I think I am going to start collecting every piece of work that he has published.

Onward and charge!

************

March 2, 2009

Update: I have ALL the books now. Happy happy! Can't wait to get started. (Have to finish the Doctrinal Commentaries on the New Testament first...)


No comments: