Monday, March 2, 2009

DVD COLLECTION GONE WILD?

Here's An Elegant Solution

I actually ran out of space one day and I thought it was ridiculous that I had amassed a huge collection of movies in DVD format that shamelessly flaunted my inability to control my obsessive need to collect. So I discovered these leather DVD/CD holders that looked tres chic. I have to confess that my collection of movies has grown to the hundreds of disks and booklets. Now I have MORE room to collect more! Movies are arranged in various categories. I once had only one binder for foreign films but it has become necessary to divide them into European & Asian films.


I do keep some of the nice booklets that come with the DVD and as you can see, these binders have ample room to store them.


Another suggestion I have is to pull out the labels from the DVD plastic containers and then cutting out the spine so you can pop them in the vertical pockets next to the disk pockets. This way you know exactly where the disks go AND you can instantly know if a DVD is missing. When someone borrows the dvd, you can always press a little post-it to remind you who you need to call to get it back. Hmm...it's a nice little system.

DVD/CD Leather Binders: www.HandStands.com ---> A very nice and personable company from Bluffdale, UT. (I am not connected with any of them...sadly.)

No comments: